The introductory sales and merchandising representative is one of the faces of our Glens Falls company, who both builds relationships with our customers and executes proper merchandising of all our Pepsi-Cola brands. We’re looking for qualified individuals who love interacting with people and are passionate about selling and showcasing our products to the highest standards.
- Provide sales and merchandising service for our Pepsi-Cola beverage portfolio within a designated grouping of supermarkets within the Glens Falls area
- Build and maintain relationships with our customers
- Maximize sales and market share at each store through selling and merchandising execution
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The main duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Conduct proper merchandising of our beverage portfolio for all areas of our customers’ stores, which includes stocking, rotating, and displaying products
- Be responsible for proper signage, shelf tags, displays, and backroom management
- Determine in-store opportunities and areas of improvement, such as cooler upgrades
- Use market share information to provide additional merchandising and sales at your assigned accounts
- Communicate with coworkers and build relationships with contacts at each store
- Understand the core values of customer service, the importance of our Pepsi-Cola brands, and have respect for fellow coworkers and our Company
- Must be able to lift 15 to 40 lbs., repetitively, during the workday
- Can push, pull, and maneuver loaded handcarts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Highly professional with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, product rotation skills, and proper sales and ordering skills
- Handle responsibilities professionally with superior time management skills
We’re proud to offer a number of comprehensive benefits, such as:
- Starting wage at $40,000/year
- Quarterly bonuses
- Car allowance of $6,660/year
- Generous paid time off
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plan – Company contributes 5% of pay, plus a match!
- Health, dental, vision, group term life, short and long-term disability insurances
- A portfolio of voluntary benefits
Company Work Environment:
We are an equal opportunity employer that is now in its 6th generation of family ownership. Our company is the sole distributor of Pepsi-Cola products in Warren, Washington, and northern Saratoga counties. We represent over 30 brands including Pepsi, Mt. Dew, Gatorade, Lipton Pure Leaf Tea, and many more!
Education & Experience:
- Consumer products or retail sales and service experience preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License